Friday, January 8, 2010

What a Week

UPDATE* As of 10:56 pm on Friay night we had water. Kevin and his dad got the water running uinsg a blow torch that Kevin had.


ORIGINAL POST:
Okay, so here is what our Friday night contained. Well, mine didn't contain this, I just went outside to take the pictures.I just feel so bad for my husband. He has been feeling pretty bad with a horrible cold. I mean how could you not get a cold with the -15* wind chill we are having.


After our little experience on Tuesday, Kevin came home to find that we had absolutely NO water. None. Not a single drop came out of any of our faucets. Great. Just lovely. How on earth are we going to get the water running again. Oh, I know. Lets try the blow dryer.



We have a well and water will come out of the well house but no water is making it to the house. After digging a little trench, my father in law and I started filling up pots from the well house and boiling it on the stove. Then we would take the water outside to the little trench that they had dug and fiilled it with hot water. When that wasn't working real well, Kevin and my father in law decided to get the blow dryer out and start thawing the pipe from the outside. They have been trying to unthaw the pipes for over 3 hours now.

The high tomorrow is supposed to be 18* with a wind chill of 0. Yep our pipes probably won't be unfrozen until Sunday at the earliest.

I guess all I have to say is, you might want to stay away from us until our pipes are unfrozen because I am sure we will be stinking in a few days with the lack of being able to shower.

3 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! That is just so horrible! I cannot even imagine!
    Extra prayers for you Heather!
    You're welcome to come visit! We have running water and NO SNOW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so hard!! Would it make you feel better if I told you I had some blog awards waiting for you at my blog? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...no more complaining about the rain here at my house! Ughhh I am so sorry for the water hassles...Kim

    ReplyDelete