I hvae fond memories with my granparents picking cherry tomatos off the vine and popping them in my mouth. Getting up at 6 am and going to pick beans and snap them for canning is a very engrained memory. At the time, I did not like getting up that early for that much hard work, but as an adult, I cherish those memories and want my kids to have the same.
This weekend, we went as a family and purchased our vegetables and flowers. Due to all of the rain we had this weekend, we had to postpone planting until yesterday.
Our garden was so muddy from all the rain but we had a great time getting our veggies in the ground. The kids had fun digging in the dirt also and Abby insited on digging the majority of the holes.
We planted a row and a half of onions(these were planted a month ago), yellow squash, zuchinni, cucumber, three tomato plants, two okra plants, jalapeno and green bell pepper plants, and a row of green beans. Abby really wanted to plant some watermelon but we just ran out of room. Maybe next year.
If you would like to get involved in Kindergardens, please check out Kim's blog and join the fun in getting your kids helping in the garden. Trust me, even if you don't want to participate, go check out her blog. She has a pet camel.




Tracy and I and the kids are about to try a garden and we are going to try to grow some veggies. So you may see post on my blog about me hurting myself out of stressing about something that should be stress-less
ReplyDeleteThere is not a backdrop in the world that I love more than an old barn or outbuilding...says 'country' like none other!
ReplyDeleteCome over and link up your post in the link party...that way we can all come admire the adorable little ones you have growing there!!! Kim
We planted our first garden last year. It was small, but fairly successful. We're going to try to get it a bit bigger this year. That's on the agenda for this weekend! Yours looks awesome! I wish I had more land to plant on.
ReplyDelete