Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Abby's first day of Pre-K was August 13th. She was so excited to go. We went to the store the weekend before and picked out her backpack and the few school supplies that were on her list. The first backpack that she wanted was a very cute hot pink and lime green polka dot one that was $30.00 Sorry, I love her dearly but I was not about to spend that kind of money on something that she will carry one piece of paper home in every day. I gave her the choice of a princess, Ni Ho Ki Lan, or Hello Kitty one. She of course wanted the princess one. When we got home and she put it on, it was so big it looked like a shield on her little back. We won't have to worry about any armor clad men trying to hurt her with that thing on!

She waited very patiently in front of the school doors until they opened.

Her new back to school outfit that she picked out topped off with a hair bow made by mommy.

She was so excited to hang up her backpack. Her teachers had put a picture of her with her name on it in her cubby so she would know which one was hers and where she needed to hang her backpack.

Many people have asked if I cried when we took her to school. The answer was no. At least not until her teacher had us take a little baggie on our way out the door that contained a note and a few items. After reading the note, I got teary eyed. My baby girl is a big girl now.



1 comment:

  1. Oh these are such precious pictures. And I love the note the teacher sent home with you. That took some well thought out time, effort, and sincerity on her behalf...looks like you got a good one.

    ReplyDelete