Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pineapple Onion Pork Chops

Since I haven't given you a recipe in a while, and I had this one in my editor from May 2010, I thought I would share one.

Pineapple Onion Pork Chops

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup all purpose flour (I just eyeball it)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I just eyeball it) 
1/4 teaspoon pepper (I just eyeball it)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup water
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey mustard (I used regular mustard and added honey)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork chops with flour mixture. In a skillet, heat butter and brown pork chops on both sides. Transfer to a baking dish and add water. Place onions over chops. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

While chops are in the oven, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, and mustard in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Pour over pork and bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes more.

It seems a little time intensive but it really isn't and they tasted really well.





No comments:

Post a Comment